Monday to Friday
09:00 - 18:00
Monday to Friday
08:00 – 09:00
18:00 - 23:00
Out of Hours
Weekends, College Closures
09:00 - 23:00
Out of Hours
23:00 - 08:00
Overnight Period, No Access Automatic Processes only
Christmas, Easter and Maintenance shutdowns
Closed, No Access
Normal Hours Periods
- People with Cleanroom door access can enter cleanroom during this time, provided all equipment they are using is pre booked.
- People without Cleanroom Access must be supervised by Cleanroom Staff or a nominated supervisor
- Lone working permitted, as supervision is by CCTV from technical office
Out of Hours Periods
- Support documentation relevant to these periods
- UCL Lone Working Standard (http://www.ucl.ac.uk/estates/safetynet/guidance/lone_working/lone_working.pdf)
- Cleanroom Terms and Conditions (Download)
- LCN Cleanrooms Out of Hours Risk Assessment CR12/06 (Download): Paper Copy in 2C6 to be signed
- Permit to Access Controlled Areas (Download) : To be approved by Laboratory Manager
- Lone Working & Out of Hours checklist (Download): Fill in for each occasion
- Sign In Records: Record actual in out times
- A buddy system must be in operation during these periods, with a minimum of two approved people in contact. Each person must be aware of the work that the other is doing, and be in contact so as to be of assistance in an accident or emergency.
- Only approved people are allowed to work Out of Hours. The Cleanroom Manager will assess user’s cleanroom experience (at least 80 hours), and will confirm their approved status by signing off a Permit to Access Controlled Areas form. When signed, the door access cards will be updated to allow access to the lab out of hours.
- All activities must conform to procedures published in documentation above
- All equipment must be pre booked using the Web booking system. This has embedded rules to allow only permitted equipment to be booked.
- Cleanroom staff must be notified by 15:00 of the out of hours work taking place that night or weekend, by having sight of the Checklist.
- Actual time in and time out is to be recorded on the Sign In Records on the Lab door.
- The following operations are not allowed:
- All Wet Chemical and Solvent processing.
- All Plasma Tools
- Any work that requires the removal of equipment covers
- The following named equipment is approved for Lone Working, where the buddy is in regular phone contact, but need not be on site.
- Raith 150 TWO Electron Beam Lithography
- Zeiss EVO SEM
- SVS 6000 Sputter
- PVD 75 Sputter
- Diener asher
- Characterisation equipment
- Optical Microscopes
- No persons may access or remain in the Cleanroom
- Only operations designated as automatic operations can carry on during this period.
- Exposure on the Raith EBL
- Pumping of Vacuum chambers
- Automatic operation of recipe controlled equipment
- During this time the LCN building is locked.
UCL has a shutdown during Christmas and Easter holidays, and maintenance of equipment may also require Cleanroom shutdowns. No access is permitted except for maintenance staff during these periods, and equipment will be turned off. Dates will be notified in advance.
Change Record Details
Updated to permit remote buddy working for designated equipment. Uploaded to website.
Added SVS600, PVD75 to allowed equipment