Payments for LCN Cleanroom Services
The LCN Cleanroom provides access to equipment in exchange for a fee. Our current Charging Scheme applies from 1 January 2015, and is available in the Private area, or by application to the Cleanroom Manager. All prices quoted by us exclude VAT.
The Finance team manage the receipt of payments and transfers of funds between users of the same supervisor. They will also update Cleanroom users' credit in the Booking System. All requests for payment and money transfers should be by means of one of the methods described below.
LCN Finance Team: Shaheen Bhoonee, +44 (0)207 679 0070 (Ext 30070)
Marta Dul, +44 (0)207 679 9980 (Ext 39980)
LCN Cleanroom Manager: Steve Etienne, +44 (0)207 679 9904 (Ext 39904)
The method of payment depends on where the payment is coming from, there are three alternatives:
Within the London Centre for Nanotechnology, by IDJ
From another UCL department to the London Centre for Nanotechnology, by IDT
From an Institution outside UCL, by Purchase Order
- Supplier on PO is: London Centre for Nanotechnology, 17-19 Gordon Street, London WC1H 0AH
- PO must contain the name of person who will use the cleanroom
- PO must contain the name of that person’s Supervisor with financial authority (Principal Investigator or Manager)
- PO description must state ‘Use of Cleanroom Services by <Name of Individual>’ or ‘Payment for Cleanroom Materials’ as appropriate
- VAT, Our prices exclude VAT. All Zero VAT Purchase Orders must have a Zero VAT certificate attached.
a) For new grant applications from UCL to a UK Research Council, pre approved Full Economic Charging rates apply for the LCN Cleanroom and other facilities. These rates are defined within the pFact system and must be used.
b) Users from LCN, UCL, Imperial College and Kings College are considered as internal users. Costs for other external academic users are higher.
c) Industrial or Commercial users negotiate their rates individually through the LCN Business Development Manager, Tabasum Farzaneh.